Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Reading


I haven't posted the last few days - Super sorry to the few who do read! But I'm here today to give you guys an update. Are you happy?! Great. I thought so. ;)

Yesterday, one of my older sisters drove my sister, her two kids, and my dad and me, to Lafayette, a town about 2 hours from where I am, to visit with some grandparents that I RARELY see!! It was a pretty nice trip.. We got to visit with them, eat a great lunch, and look at old family photo albums. So, I think it's safe to say I enjoyed my day. It's pretty sad though, I wish I could see my grandma/grandpa more! Well, he's my step-grandpa. I never really see my grandpa. It's totally ashame, I know. He's in a nursing home, doubts he even remembers us. So, yeaaah.. NEED to go visit soon!

Anyway, while I was there yesterday, my lovely sister drove me (plus my grandma and my niece) to a local Barnes & Noble to get a book I needed for Summer Reading. Ugh. It was something that HAD to be bought. School's less than a month away, and it needs to be finished. Well, I was looking around and saw LC's book, L.A. Candy & I had to have it right away!!! It looks pretty good, I mean it IS a Bestseller, and it's by an amazing person. Haha. Has any of you guys read it? What are your thoughts? My sister was sweet enough to buy my book for school.. Which was $16 for a paperback. Wtf? Crazzzy. And I got LC's book with my own money. But I felt really bad - I would have paid for them both. I swear I'm not selfish or anything! Ha.

Started reading "Nineteen Minutes", which was one of the choices on the list, and so far.. It's SO good! I'm really enjoying it. I was sooo freaking mad when I found out how big of a book it is, but now that I love it, that's not a problem! :)

Well, that's all I really have to blog about today. Not much going on here. BUT before I sign off, I just have to mention: I got my schedule yesterday, as well as my Freshman sister, and I noticed that we have a class together!! The same exact class. How WEIRD! I mean, it's a computer class, one that I have to take, but still.. I think I'll be totally uncomfortable. I love her, I really do, she's my sister.. But having her in a class with me? Strange. She doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but I'm on the fence. I emailed one of the principals who deals with mistakes on schedules, and asked her if there a way to possible change the period I have the class. Haha. God, I feel like a bad sister! Ehhhh.

Whew. I'm done. Finally, right? I hope your weekend is going well, blog readers! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus